OralDNA® Tests with MyPerioPath®
MyPerioPath is a salivary diagnostic test used to identify the type and concentration of specific periodontal-pathogenic bacteria that are known to cause periodontal disease. MyPerioPath offers detailed information to Dr. Olson and his team, allowing him to provide better risk assessment and personalized treatment options for more predictable outcomes.
MyPeriPath test includes information regarding:
- The type and concentration of disease-causing bacteria
- The bacterial information necessary to help classify high-risk versus low-risk cases
- Targeted treatment considerations designed to help Dr. Olson provide personalized therapy
Collecting a sample is quickly and easily administered right here in our Eau Claire, WI office, and takes about a minute to complete. Here's the process:
- Swish a saline solution for 30 seconds
- Expectorate (spit) into funneled collection tube
- Cap is secured to top of collection tube
- Samples are sent via pre-paid FedEx® envelope to OralDNA Labs for DNA-PCR analysis
- E-mail notification is sent to our office when electronic result report is available
- Return to our office for a detailed explanation of your results
At Chippewa Valley Dental Health, we want our patients to live long, healthy lives that are full of happy smiles. MyPerioPath helps us make sure that happens. Contact our Eau Claire office to schedule an appointment!